SKINCARE: SLEEK STUDIO SIGNATURE SERIES REVIEW

HI GUYS!



I promised a few weeks back I was going to do a full review on the Sleek Skincare series I was gifted at the Jumia/Sleek fashion show. If you missed that post, check HERE

The signature series was particularly made my the MD SLEEK NIGERIA, Dr Ebele for women of color. The series has lines: the lightening range and the exfoliating range. Don't be scared ladies! the lightening range does not contain the dangerous bleaching substance, hydroquinine! I got the Lightening Range, so my review would be restricted to that.
Lets get to it!



 PACKAGING:
All the the products come in white bottles with pumps ( which is a VERY good thing), with black texts. The bottles are opaque so you really cant see the product inside. They are very lightweight, nothing to it really, just a basic container that hold the products. Lightning in a Jar comes in a Jar, which is a bit sturdier than the rest.
They also all come wit leaflets, describing the products and directions on how to use them...



CLEAN N LIGHTEN



WHAT SLEEK SAYS


WHAT I THINK:

THE GOOD: Cleanses well, you really can't see much of 'remnants'while toning,  Definitely non drying.
THE NOT-SO-GOOD: This is about preference since I don't like cleansers that leave a glidey satin  feel. This is actually really good, as it moisturizes the skin and prevents drying which could eventually lead to breakouts. I just love my cleansers to leave a matte clean finish.
FRAGRANCE: Nothing much about the fragrance, not sweet smelling, also not bad smelling!


TONE AND LIGHTEN



WHAT SLEEK SAYS:


WHAT I THINK:
THE GOOD: Absorbs readily, alcohol free, doesn't leave a greasy texture on the face, cleanses really well,  light weight as I would expect a toner to be
THE NOT-SO-GOOD: Nothing! Nada!
FRAGRANCE: Smells good!

                                   


LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE:


 WHAT SLEEK SAYS


WHAT I THINK:
THE GOOD: Absorbs Easily, Lightweight which means it doesn't feel heavy, A little blob goes a long way, Non-greasy so you wouldn't break out in sweat...I absolutely love this product!!
THE NOT SO GOOD: The size! the bottle is smaller than the cleanser and the toner, so you get lesser amount of the actual product
FRAGRANCE: Smells like coconut which I absolutely love!!




LIGHTNING IN A JAR





WHAT SLEEK SAYS

I tried rotating this picture but it just kept tilting :s



WHAT I THINK


THE GOOD: I cant rave enough about this product! I dont know about its lightening effects, but this mattifies the face really well! I wore it once under a Mary Kay Foundation, I was trying out a look, and I made a mental not to tell you guys about how MK came through for me, but then I realized I used thus inder before the MK. I tried it again under my IMAN liquid makeup, and it was fab! If you have oily skin, pls for the love of an oil-less face, get on this train! Enough said!

THE NOT SO GOOD: The texture. Do you guys remember POP or Shirley (sp?) Well if you do, they have the same texture! this makes it a bit of a struggle to apply evenly over the entire face.

FRAGNANCE: Nothing significant



GENERAL VERDICT: I would definitely repurchase this, especially the lightening in a jar and lightening in a bottle!!! this range has actually brightened my face ever so slightly revealing a fresher skin which has pleasantly surprised me seeing as it contains no hydroquinine! It is definitely good for oily skin , as it helps combat the oil and keep the oil at bay.

Experts say you should switch up your skincare routine every 3-6 months, so if you already have a routine, you could make this a secondary range (it is very affordable). You should try this out!!

For Lagos residents,  you can purchase at

64B Anifowoshe Street, Off Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island,Lagos
Phone
+234-70-28254642
+234-80-79609186

For Abuja residents

Suite No. D 201, Bloomsbury Plaza, Plot No. 1245, Ademola Adetokumbo Crescent, Abuja
Phone:0816 318 6007

For other residents please call these numbers above , as their distributors are spread around Nigeria!

Hope you enjoyed the review!!

P.S: I haven't been paid or rewarded to this this review. All opinions are genuine.

Kindly Browse through the Shop Olumakovers page to check out new products in stock, we also offer home deliveries in and outside Lagos, please send me a mail for details!

If you haven't, kindly like our facebook page and follow us on twitter @themakeuptales. Also you can follow the blog here for instant updates!  Don't hesitate  to send your questions to ogunnowoomosalewa@gmail.com. I'll be glad to be of help!


Your Comrade in Beauty,


  






Omosalewa

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Nice review..nice post..lol @POP and shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much is the whole package pls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! Just don't know if I can trust sleek! Their foundation nd face powder is full of oil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. hi shade. pls do call one of the numbers listed up there, you could also check www.jumia.com.ng for individual prices. x

      Delete
  5. hey thanks for sharing this its very useful. i would really appreciate it if you can share some diet tips or your own diet on how you lost so much weight as you are looking amazing

    ReplyDelete

Your comment would mean so much!! x