MAKE-ME-LIKE: OMOTOLA

Hi guys! How is it going?

Today's post is a MAKE-ME-LIKE post! And I was inspired by this simple yet beautiful eye makeup on Omotola-Jalade-Ekeinde. For those who do not know, Omotola or Omosexy is a screen goddess and an A-list actress in Nigeria, and the whole of Africa. Time magazine currently listed her under 100 most powerful people!



Her makeup here was done by Bimpe Onakoya! I wish you could see me bowing to greatness! Most of you might not know her, as she isn't your regular "bridal"makeup artist..I don't know how to put it. I used to stalk her work then in True Love magazine...and I was always inspired!
Now this one is a MATURE makeup artist ( for mashure minds...like my friend, osas will say). how do you know mature, exceptional make up artists?? for me, NOTHING IS FORCED! Not forcing someone who has flat eyebrows to have angled eyebrow dandan! Not doing contour on a face that isn't necessary....I don't know if you get me, but she is divine and her work is flawless. "Stop the rant", I hear you say..OK!! let us move on...




This is a classic smokey look! Notice that the eyeshadows are so well blended, you can't see where each color starts or ends...love it! This is not a flag look! The highlight on her nose is amazing!..it is there, but you might not notice if you do not look well! Brows are not overdone, lips are nude, everything is just on point ah!

Well this is what I came up with *closing my eyes*
                      


     












PRODUCTS USED
FACE
Revlon Photoready Foundation in Mocha
Iman Oil blotting Powder in Earth Dark for finish
Iman Oil blotting Powder in Medium to set under eye
Sleek Contour kit for contour and bridge of nose
Black Opal Valentine and Raisin blush for cheeks
EYES

Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Rock and Navajo
Black Opal Matte Eyeshadow in Onyx
Flower Bomb Gel Liner in Black
Zaron pencil in Black Velvet for water line
Zaron voluminizing mascarra in Black
Perfect Human Hair Lashes in 112

LIPS


Black Opal precision Lip Liner in Truffle
Zaron Moisturizing Matte Lipstick in Barefaced
Sleek lip gloss in Vanilla (clear)
Fin!
If you like what you see and you want to recreate, I'll have a tutorial post up tomorrow, so make sure you check back!

I can't believe i haven't put this up on the blog. I wrote an article for the latest edition of YNaija about makeup and their expiry dates ..it is the edition with Omowunmi Akinifesi as cover girl. i'm not sure if it is the newest edition, but you would sure enjoy that article. Most people do not know that makeup expires, but it does! That might be the reason your mascara has that fish smell and why your eyes water when you use it! Grab your copy!

OluMakeovers offers services in Bridal, Editorial, Event, Runway, Fashion  Makeup! For your owanbe makeup and gele tying, we come to you wherever you are, and you get a HUGE discount for a larger number of persons! So hit me up!

Spaces are still available for the ONE WEEK AND TWO WEEKS INTENSIVE MAKEUP TRAINING. It'll hold the second week in September in Surulere, and each course comes with a complimentary brush set! Send me a mail to receive full brochure!

Kindly follow us: TheMakeupTales: TWITTER, FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM and BLOG LOVIN'You can also subscribe to get instant notifications of new posts in your email box!


Your Comrade in Beauty,


  





Omosalewa

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Anonymous17 July, 2013

    Pls o dat tutorial is needed. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaa.. You look amazing! This Revlon is a ghen ghen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17 July, 2013

    Hi thanks so much for the brow tip u saved me from embarrassing myself ,and love this look its classic will try it

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me,urs even looks way better than hers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18 July, 2013

    Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous18 July, 2013

    As much as I wud love to,I can't come for d tutorial:( wud be in schl by then. Want to ask a Q sorry its nt related to d post but I noticed u seem a bit lighter than I am but u use iman earth 5 but everytime I go to buy their powders the ppl at the store tell me to get clay medium. How do I knw nd pick suitable shades for makeup?as I am nt yet a mua? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comment would mean so much!! x